I’m Kerry-Anne Gilowey, and August Sun Projects is the umbrella company for all the work-type things I do.
At the moment, those things include content strategy consulting for various clients, and doing a few conference presentations here and there. I also hosted Content Strategy Forum in Cape Town in October 2012.
My consulting work
I solve content problems. I help organisations create better, more effective, and more useful content that satisfies business objectives and meets the target audience’s needs.
Of course, that means different things for different organisations, but here are a few examples of the sort of work I might do:
- Auditing and analysing existing content, running content testing sessions, and making content and usability recommendations based on data such as site search logs and web analytics
- Producing detailed content plans for new websites, and drawing up wireframes, page templates and content models
- Creating resources such as editorial style guides, messaging hierarchies, organisational voice and tone guidelines, terminology lists, and training materials for in-house content creators
- Consulting on overall content strategy and workflow issues
- Content Strategy Summit, online – 19 August 2014 – Putting Together the People Puzzle
- Confab Higher Ed, Atlanta GA – 12 to 14 November 2014 – Getting your specs in a row: your role in CMS selection
- CS Forum 2014, Frankfurt, Germany – 1 to 3 July 2014 – The People Puzzle: Making the Pieces Fit [slides]
- Midwest UX, Grand Rapids MI – 17 to 19 October 2013 – Distant Land, Different Life [slides]
- Dare Conference, London – 23 to 25 September 2013 – 2012: My Very Own Disaster Movie [slides]
- New York Content Strategy Meetup – 8 April 2013 – Talk to the People: Customer Interviews for Content Strategists
- IA Summit, Baltimore – 7 April 2013 – Schrödinger’s IA: Learning to Love Ambiguity [slides]
- Confab London – 25 March 2013 – Talk to the People: Customer Interviews for Content Strategists [slides]
Please contact me if you’d like more information on my consulting services or rates, or if you’d like me to speak at your event – I’d love to hear from you.